THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DISTINGUISHED COUNSEL PRESS RELEASE
Diane B. McWhirter, of Diane Baltzelle McWhirter, Attorney, has been selected to the 2015 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. NADC is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. Its mission is to objectively recognize the attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate.
Members are thoroughly vetted by a research team, selected by a blue ribbon panel of attorneys with podium status from independently neutral organizations, and approved by a judicial review board as exhibiting virtue in the practice of law. Due to the incredible selectivity of the appointment process, only the top one percent of attorneys in the United States are awarded membership in NADC. This elite class of advocates consists of the finest leaders of the legal profession from across the nation.
A+ Superior Attorney Rating from The National Register
America's Most Honored Professionals - Top Ten Percent by The American Registry
2013 to 2020:
Paul Harris Fellow from The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
Featured in Fortune magazine, Women Leaders in Law, September 2015.
2015 - 2019:
Nations Top 1% by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel in the area of litigation.
2013 - 2019:
Selected as one of the Top 100 Bankruptcy Lawyers in the State of Florida, by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
2014 - 2019:
Selected as one of the "10 Best" Bankruptcy Attorneys in Florida by the American Institute of Bankruptcy Attorneys and received their Client Satisfaction Award.
2015 - 2019:
Selected as one of the "10 Best" Family Law Attorneys in Florida by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and received their Client Satisfaction Award.
2012 - 2019:
2010 - 2019:
Highly Rated as "Distinguished" and "Highly Ethical" by Martindale Hubbell peer review.
2013 - 2019:
Rated "Superb" by AVVO National Attorney Ratings.
Received the Bronze Service Award from the Florida Supreme Court for her volunteer legal service to the community.
Served as the past Chair of the Elder Law and of the Estate Guardianship and Trust Committees of the Orange County Bar Association.
Fortune Magazine's Women Leaders in Law
Featured in Fortune Magazine, Women Leaders in Law, September 2015. Read the Full Article Here.
- Graduate of Duke University ( North Carolina), and the University of Florida Law School.
- Trial attorney for 3 years for Office of the Public Defender, State of Florida, (Third and Ninth Judicial Circuits including Orange County, Florida)
- Performed probate, family law and risk management review as General Counsel for Florida United Methodist Children's Home.
For more than 25 years the Law Office of Diane McWhirter has assisted:
- Families and individuals needing pre-need and estate and trust planning, guardianship assistance through court, or help with probate problems requiring resolution.
- Individuals having family law problems (including support or custody issues) or juvenile cases.
- Families or individuals requiring legal help in filing for bankruptcy relief
- Business matters requiring legal counseling, litigation or mediation
PUBLICATIONS and SEMINARS
In addition, Diane McWhirter lectures to attorneys, accountants, financial planners and paralegals, for the National Business Institute:
- Advanced Family Law “Death and Divorce – Estate Planning Considerations & Ethics”
Presented on Sept 12, 2019 in Orlando, Florida.
The seminars below were presented through National Business Institute (https://www.nbi-sems.com):
- Probate Process from Start to Finish for Paralegals:
“Dealing with the Spouses’ Elective Shares” and “Understanding the Laws of Intestacy”
- presented on May 17, 2019 in Tampa, Florida
- Trusts Top Challenges:
“Grantor Trust Malfunctions and Fixes and Trust Basics and Choice of Trust Dilemnas,”
- presented on August 10, 2018, in Orlando.
- Trusts from A to Z:
“What are Trusts? Simple Testamentary Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts… and Legal Ethics,”
- presented on August 15, 2017 in Orlando.
- Probate Boot Camp:
“Probating Insolvent and Bankrupt Estates and Re-Opening Estates,- When, How and Why,”
- presented on December 10, 2012 in Orlando.
- “Attorneys Guides to Managing Clients – How to Handle Tough Clients, Firing a Client” and “Legal Ethics,”
- presented on December 3, 2012 in Orlando.